Battery Price $ 30 + GST
Pick it up at our office: U1 # 2 Cressall Road BALCATTA WA 6021 /
Free Delivery Service in Greater Perth – WA
Delivery times: 1 – 3 working days.
NBN Battery Replacement
APCOMS is the NBN battery replacement supplier/installer for NBN Power Supply Units.
When your NBN battery has lost its charge, your Power Supply Unit will show a red light next to the ‘REPLACE BATTERY’ symbol or you will hear an alarm beeping once every 15 minutes, indicating you need to replace your battery with a new one.
NBN battery replacement service.
Battery Replacement Installation $ 105 + GST
Includes: Battery, Replacement, Testing & Maintenance of Equipment
***Same day Appointment***
Keeping your backup battery charged
- Make sure that your nbn™ Power Supply Unit is always plugged directly into an electrical outlet. Do not use an extension cord, double adapter, power board or any other kind of secondary plug.
- Unless you are going on an extended holiday, you should not turn off this electrical outlet. This will ensure the battery remains fully charged in case of a power outage.
How your battery works during a power outage
- In the event of a power outage, the Power Supply Unit will beep once and automatically switch to its backup battery power.
- Once the battery charge has depleted to approximately 50%, the Power Supply Unit will beep four times in a minute (the Battery Power light will also flash) and then the unit will turn off to preserve power.
- To turn the Power Supply Unit back on after the battery has reached less than 50% charge, you’ll need to press and hold the BATTERY EMERGENCY USE button for two seconds, or until the unit beeps once and all 4 lights flash.
- Once activated, you cannot turn the BATTERY EMERGENCY USE off again. The remaining battery charge should last for a further 2 to 3 hours.
- If the battery runs completely flat, your Fibre Phone will not work again until power has been restored and/or the backup battery has been recharged.
A backup battery supplied by nbn™ ltd. has a 24 month warranty from day of first battery installation. You are responsible for sourcing, removing and installing the new battery.
If your battery does need replacing within the first 24 months, you will need to purchase a new battery and then supply the following to iiNet:
- Tax invoice/receipt/remittance advice of the new battery
- The serial number of the old battery (for nbn™ ltd.’s records)
We will then credit the cost of the battery to your account and request the reimbursement from nbn™ ltd. on your behalf. A battery typically costs between $40 to $60, though prices may vary. More details of where to source the battery and how to recycle it are available on the nbn™ website.