APCOMS would like to advise all our clients about the new changes and challenges under the new NBN rules which are being standardised Australia-wide.
Some traditional practices have been changed which might cause disruptions to developments under construction or completed without an application. Therefore, we would like you share with you the best practices to accomplish the connection of your development to NBN / Telstra network infrastructure.
• AFR / NBN Applications apply to new developments or subdivisions. It doesn’t apply to new houses built over demolished houses.
• Estimated time between application to installation of services by NBN / Telstra – Between 3 and 4 months
• Be aware you need to pay a contribution value to NBN / Telstra for their infrastructure -Aprox. $600 per unit / $400 per unit for multi¬level developments.
• For multistorey and multilevel developments—NBN requires Internal Asbuilts.
• NBN takeover from Telstra network usually 6 months before NBN network activation /connection in the area.
• Apply for an AFR (Telstra) / NBN Application
• Submit Design
• Await for authorisation
• Pay Contribution payment
• Install Pit & Pipe / Lead-in conduits.
• Upload Asbuilts -(If this is required).
• You get Certificate of Practical Completion
Telstra / NBN Applications lodgement.
Compliant Designs / Asbuilts
Lead-in—3PPP installations (Only in Greater Perth)
Internal Wiring / Smart Wiring
Special Prices for full package!
Take advantage of working with only one organization for the complete process of your telecommunication infrastructure from planning to network service connection.
Do you need help?
Contact us today – our technicians are ready to help you solve that problem.